Tips To Prevent Mold
In some cases, mold can be good — it's essential in making brie and penicillin, for example, but it can also be very, very bad, especially when it grows undetected in your home.
Here are some tips to prevent mold from growing in your home:
- Identify problem areas in your home and correct them.
- Dry wet areas immediately.
- Prevent moisture with proper ventilation.
- Equip your home with mold-resistant products.
- Monitor humidity indoors.
- Direct water away from your home.
- Clean or repair roof gutters.
- Improve air flow in your home.
- Keep mold off household plants.
Remember mold can be dangerous and there is no one-size-fits-all solution when it comes to mold prevention. Knowing what works for your climate and your home is an important first step.